Thursday 7 April 2016

Better late than never..

Man the week has gone by quick. I did plan on writing this no later than Sunday but there just isn't enough time in life.

1-1 with Richmond last Friday in a pretty even match. I was really looking forward to getting there nice and early for a feed and few beers before kick off, especially after seeing something about Hofbrauhaus the week before. As if the couple of years I had to wait to return wasn't enough, the person I was kind enough to offer a lift to the match decided to make me wait in their driveway for 20 minutes before they got home. I was already fairly pissed off because I was running late myself and wouldn't get there until kick off, so you could imagine how I felt when they pulled up 5 minutes before kick off and get into my car. To top it off after finally heading out, we had to turn back because someone forgot to bring their jumper. Now 3 minutes before kick off and even more pissed off, I was informed I had to stop at the servo for an ATM withdrawal and some cigarettes.

With pissed off no longer being a true way of describing how I was feeling, I mentioned that we are going to miss an early goal, cause that's just what happens when you're late. So it didn't come as too much of a surprise a few minutes later when I heard the phone go off and was told we were 1 nil down. Going a goal down that early didn't really get to me because I wasn't there to see it, so it doesn't hurt as much. And with the mental state I was in I don't think anything could have got to me at that point.


Were the costumes necessary?
After getting there quicker than anticipated and only being about 15 or so minutes late, we grabbed a token German beer from the bar where we were served by some lovely German ladies. Whether they were actually German or paid to be German I'm not exactly sure. For a club with not so many Germans, they seem to push the German theme a lot. Kind of feels like walking into an Irish themed pub but all the workers and patrons are true blue.
Anyway within a few minutes of wetting my moustache we came back with a scrappy equaliser that seemed to take everyone a good 10 seconds to realise that we had actually scored. Can't say that I celebrated the goal at all, guess I still hadn't quite calmed down just yet.

As half time approached I headed into the club to beat the rush (lol) for a cheese kransky. I can safely say that the instant my tastebuds were able to process what was happening in my mouth, I instantly went from being pissed off to pretty damn happy, and also for my second serving. Can safely say it's the tastiest piece of meat I have had in the league, and definitely shits on all the Greek clubs charging you $10 for a shitty souvlaki with hardly any meat.

The second half saw both sides have enough chances to take all three points. Jacob Colosimo was dragged down in the box, while Richmond were denied a handball in the area. Don't think this is normally the case with us but for some reason we had made all three subs by the 70th minute. This bit us in the ass pretty hard when 10 minutes later Chris Talajic went down with yet another dislocated shoulder, the first after having surgery. I really feel for him as he is a top kid who at his young age has endured more injuries than some people do in their life time, and has never given up. I wish him a very speedy full recovery and hope to see him back on the park again soon.

And the boys will be back on the park tomorrow night against Hume City as we start our run against some of the tougher opponents. I think the next few games will give us a clear indication of where we are at this season.

PS. Sorry to the person who expects something no later than Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment